Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Diva Challenge #110

The Diva's challenge this week was to tangle "outside of the box." Since I'm new to Zentangle...most things are out of my box. I have a hard time tangling without a string...so this is my NO STRING tangle.  I don't like it. I know i know...I'm hard on myself....but I feel like my work is much better when contained. you know? 

Oh and I also have a tangling injury.  Here is what I posted on my Facebook,
I was wondering if my pain is due to my obsessive drawing these days...and if anyone else has the same pain. My index finger knuckle on my right hand closest to my hand KILLS when touched or bent. Doesn't hurt when i crack that knuckle how I normally would by bending it sideways, only when bent in the way the knuckle bends. my left hand has the same pain, but MUCH less. Its been progressively getting worse over the last 2 weeks. Thoughts?I got laid off in December. Its definitely not urgent enough to need to see someone right now...but i thought maybe someone else had the same issues if they drew a whole bunch. I crochet, so i know the chronic pains us "hookers" get...like left wrist pain, but this one is new. If I'm doing the dishes and say I'm washing a bowl with the sponge and sweeping the inside. If my knuckle hits the inside of the bowl, HUGE pain. Kinda like if I had punched a wall a few days ago as hard as I could. Its like a bruise I cant see! SOOO frustrating! My best friend is also doctor, and so is her husband, but they live in Oregon. (I'm in TX) My cousin I live with is an RN, and she thinks its arthritis. and yes...I'm a tight gripper. learning to grip lightly...may be challenging. ugh!

So here is my OUTSIDE of the box challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a great job on your ZIA. It's lovely with exquisite shading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be from drawing.....I have rheumatoid arthritis and when I obsess over the the zentangle I do suffer a bit. Sounds pretty painful.....I use anti inflammatory pain killer like ibuprofen and it calms down. I hope the pain doesn't stop your ability to tangle because wow, what you are doing is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your challenge tile--so soft and detailed. Hope your pain isn't from drawing because your work is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your zia is amazing, love the depth in it and the tangles you have chosen are grear toghether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really intricate, delicate, yet bold. Great linework and shading! Here are a couple of suggestions re the pain - things I've had to do for myself: 1. stop frequently (I try every 10 min. or so) and stretch your hands wide, hold for about 10 seconds, repeat a couple of times then shake out your hands before resuming; 2. using moderate pressure, use the underside of the fingers from your other hand and stroke from the back of your hand toward your elbow (toward the heart) (about a minute at a time, whenever you think of it). Both of these were suggested to me by a massage therapist, and seem to help me, though my pain doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as yours. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, love your texture, shading and linework. Can so relate to the discomfort when I get lost in my work. Hope all the suggestions help, I'm going to try them.

    ReplyDelete